Covid-19 Advisory Updates
As announced by the Multi-Ministry Taskforce (MTF) last evening, there will be a further tightening of border measures and safe management measures to reduce the risk of community spread.
In particular, enterprises should take note of the following:
- Border measures that will take effect from 7 May 2359hrs:
o Currently, prevailing border measures that apply to incoming travelers are determined based on recent travel history of 14 days. This will be extended to past 21 days.
o All travelers with travel history to higher risk countries/regions who are arriving from 7 May 2359hrs will be required to serve a 21-day SHN at dedicated SHN facilities.
o As of 4 May 2021, higher risk countries/regions refers to all countries/regions except Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Mainland China, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong SAR, and Macao SAR. Please refer to the Safe Travel Office Website for updates to the countries/ regions identified.
- The current permissible group size of up to 8 persons will be reduced to up to 5 persons.
- At the workplace, from 8 May through 30 May 2021:
-Employers must ensure that no more than 50% of employees who are able to work from home return to the office at any time.
-Social gatherings at the workplace are to be avoided.
-If cannot be avoided (e.g. during meal breaks), group sizes have to be kept at 5 or fewer.
- TraceTogether-only Safe Entry (TT-only SE) brought forward to 17 May 2021
- Scanning of Safe Entry QR codes with phone camera and Singpass App will be discontinued at all venues that experience a higher throughput of visitors and/or where persons are likely to be in close proximity for prolonged periods.
- SafeEntry Gateway required to be deployed at more venues from 15 June 2021
Full list of venues required to deploy the SafeEntry Gateway can be found at the SafeEntry website.
- The sector SMM advisories for F&B and Retail have also been updated to address the tightening measures (download from the buttons below)
Advisory updates PDF Files: